Natural Family Planning isn’t just about baby-making (or avoiding!). It’s healthcare in it’s purest, most feminist form. So we wanted to take a minute to highlight some of our favorite healthcare organizations that are championing the women’s healthcare
– This is THE place to go for up to date reviews of scientific literature and improvements to Fertility Awareness. Educating physicians is their main goal, though they have many helpful links and resources for students and couples as well.
– Along with offering a free app and fertility tracking, FEMM Health offers health management services. From their website:FEMM Medical Management provides:
- general wellness checks, including routine exams and Pap smears.
- accurate diagnosis and treatment for infertility, menopause, thyroid dysfunction, migraines, depression, weight gain, fatigue, pain, PMS, PCOS, endometriosis and acne.
- FEMM Medical Protocols that assess over 10 hormones, a woman’s clinical history, and cycle data, in order to diagnose and treat the underlying causes of symptoms.
– Billed as the farthest reaching women’s health literacy program since the Pill, Natural Womanhood seeks to help women and couples “regardless of income, ethnicity or religion” access a viable alternative to the pill and other risk-laden contraceptives.
– Restorative Reproductive Medicine (RRM) asks “What is going wrong” and then seeks to solve the problem. The institute is based in London but has affiliates throughout the world.
– The Guiding Star Project is working to establish Guiding Star Centers. These centers are holistic health care centers for women aiming to uphold the Natural Law and affirm New Feminism. There are currently 4 Guiding Star Centers in the US, with more partnerships growing.
I only listed 5 here. If I tried to list them all I’d never stop! I want to know what your favorite women’s health organizations are and why. Leave a link in the comments and lets give shout outs to the men and women working to change the landscape of women’s health for the better.